Thursday, September 1, 2011

Say YES Challenge: Day 1 Exercise - Fear of Surprises

Today is the first day of a life changing month for you. Get excited! This month you'll learn why it's important to follow the path that life lays out for you. You'll also learn how to step outside of your comfort zone to embrace your life's greatest adventures.

Today I want you to take a moment to think about the reasons why you become frustrated by life's surprises. You may become frustrated because:

1. Things happen that you feel you have no control over.
2. You are afraid that unexpected situations can only cause bad feelings.
3. You are so focused on your goals that any delays or hinderences cause you to feel like you will never reach your mark.
4. You know how to handle your life as it is and any changes that come you may not be able to adjust to.

As we take a look at the list mentioned above we can see that the main factor why we feel we can't handle life's surprises is the fact that we are afraid. Why are we afraid of life? Are we afraid because we do we not believe that we deserve good things? Why aren't all surprises seen as happy surprises?

In today's exercise I want to shake things up a bit. I want you to list a major event in your life that caused you to be sad.

1. After taking a risk and chasing my dream of becoming a professional writer, I changed jobs and worked for a PR Firm. After two months I was fired and spent 3 months trying to stay afloat financially. I was majorly depressed.


Now I want you to list 1 event or situation that was an after affect of the situation you mentioned that caused you to be happy.

2. As a result of my losing my job, I was invited to move to a new city where it only took 2 days before I found my very first position as a professional writer at a national magazine which jump-started my journalism career.

Do you now see how losing one thing led to finding exactly what I had been dreaming of? It will be the same for you this month. No matter what happens to you this month, I want you to Say YES.

If you are afraid of the end result or you're fearful that you could end up losing everything, I've already created a step by step guide to overcoming your fear of failure. It's called The Rebuild Your Life Project. I became homeless on purpose to show you what homelessness looks and feels like and how you can rebuild your life if you happen to lose everything. I've shown you your worst fear so you won't have to fear it again.

You can watch the videos of my day by day journey on our youtube channel, Embrace Your Fantasy. Now that I've done that, you should not have any worries.

The best thing you can do to prepare for The Say YES Challenge is to start to think about what you'd like your life to be like. Say a prayer that everything that is presented to you this month will push you toward your goals. Trust that nothing can keep you away from the highest ideals that come from the desires of your heart and be OPEN to creative ways to realize your dreams.

1, 2, 3...

This month looks like magic to me!

Leave a comment below to let us know you're participating and what you are hoping for. Remember to check back everyday for more exercises and inspiring messages as we Say YES to life!

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...