Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Smart Advice For Sad Love Songs By Women

Music is a ministry in itself. The lyrics you hear in your favorite songs speak to your soul, imbedding themselves in your psyche. For some reason, popular songs about begging for love strikes a chord in your heart which allows this scenario to play out over and over again in your lives because you think if its in a song, its acceptable to feel this way.

It's not.

Here is Part 1 of Smart Advice For Sad Love Songs By Women.






THE ARTIST: Mary J. Blige
THE SONG: I'm Going Down



THE LYRICS:

Why'd you have to say goodbye
Look what you done to me
I can't stop these tears from fallin from my eyes
I'm going down
Since you ain't around
My whole world's upside down

ADVICE: There are 6 billion people on the planet. Get your ass up and get over it.


THE ARTIST: Mariah Carey
THE SONG: We Belong Together



THE LYRICS:

I'm feeling all out of my element
Crying, Throwing Things
Trying To Figure Out
Where the hell I went wrong

ADVICE: Buy a new pair of shoes, set a goal for yourself and stop breaking your own stuff. That's not too smart, hon.


THE ARTIST: Tracey Chapman
THE SONG: Gimme One Reason to Stay Here




THE LYRICS:
Gimme one reason to stay here
And I'll turn right back around
Gimme one reason to stay here
And I'll turn right back around
Said I don't wanna leave you lonely
You gotta make me change my mind

ADVICE: You are begging him to convince you to stay. Really? Just go back to him already.


THE ARTIST: Etta James
THE SONG: I'd Rather Go Blind



THE LYRICS:

Something told me it was over
When I saw you and her talking
Something deep down in my soul said cry girl
When I saw you and that girl walking round
I would rather go blind boy
Than to see you walk away from me child

ADVICE: You'd rather go blind? That's pitiful. Better take a lesson from Beyonce because you can really have another him in a minute.


THE ARTIST: Whitney Houston
THE SONG: I Have Nothing



THE LYRICS:

Don't make me close one more door
I don't want to have to hurt anymore
Stay in my arms if you dare
Or must I imagine you there
Don't walk away from me
I have nothing
If I don't have you

ADVICE: You have nothing? Young lady, you have a lot. You have health, beauty and free will. Or just go ahead and have an imaginary relationship but please, STOP BEGGING HIM NOT TO WALK AWAY FROM YOU!

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...