Sunday, June 5, 2011

REBUILD: Things Are Brighter Now


Well, the job fair is tomorrow and so far I have ONE woman registered to attend. I'm half way in a state of self doubt and half way proud of my efforts thus far.

I didn't meet my goal of 30 businesses, but I got more than half. I didn't know most homeless women wouldn't have the mental capacity to work and I didn't know that organizing all of this all by myself would be so overwhelming.

I'm moving forward everyday, but my spirit is weakening. I need a moment to replenish myself through this project and I prayed for that opportunity. I spent every dime I had on this job fair to buy supplies and create the presentation and marketing materials. I am not going to lie- doing the marketing materials was SO MUCH FUN!

Now all I have to do is find a ride to the event and somehow be able to host it, film it and manage it all by myself.

I don't want to be a disappointment. God knows I tried my best. One of my weaknesses is the fact that I am not social so I don't have a set support system in place to help me. It would have helped if I had more friends and belonged to organizations but I don't have any of that.

It's beyond my hands at this point. I truly did my best and I am truly satisfied with my own efforts. That is what's important.

And you know what? I am so glad that I have the kids that I have. They support my efforts and my project and without their permission, I would not have been able to do any of this.

I spent the last few days in a funk, feeling defeated and unsuccessful. Today I'm feeling better. Tomorrow I will put on my little black dress, the only outfit let over from my old life, and I'll head to my job fair to see what happens.

All my love and blessings to you and your life!

1 comments:

Do the darn thing, Tee! I'll be thinking of you today. You are SUCCESS! ;-)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...