Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Confessions: I Am A Cheater

Sometimes My Savvy Sisters aren't perfect. Sometimes My Savvy Sisters break the rules. Sometimes, we need a confessional to release the guilt. This is just the place for it too.


Confession: I Am A Cheater

I can count how many times I have been faithful in an intimate relationship: ZERO.

I recently caught up with an old “friend” of mine and quickly reminded myself that I had, in fact, cheated on my then boyfriend with him. I started to wonder why I did that, but what I realized is that I always do that.

I’m a cheater.

This is not something that I am proud or something that I talk about. I guess that makes me a “closet cheater.” I have a guy friend that used to always say, “You treat MEN, like MEN usually treat WOMEN. You are the 'dude' of the relationship!” And I knew exactly what he meant. I don’t always call when I say I will, I don’t always show up when I say I will, and well..I’m unfaithful when I want to be and don’t I care if I get caught.

After taking a closer look at myself, I have decided that I am not the woman that has confused sex with love, nor do I have a sexual addiction. I am a REVENGE cheater.

Every man that I have cheated on, has cheated on me first-that explains why I don’t care if I get caught. When I have been betrayed by a lover, my first thought is to make myself feel better and feeling better means feeling wanted.

For me, when I find out that my mate has been unfaithful, it always makes me question myself. Am I not pretty enough, not skinny enough, not smart enough? I always envision the “other woman” as a beautiful, single woman with a nice car! (And of course, I am usually wrong..ironically, most of my men cheat down, instead of up..)

I have never gone in search of a person to cheat with, as fate would have it, I usually “stumble” upon them in a moment of weakness. Sometimes, it’s a lover from the past, sometimes an acquaintance and sometimes a stranger. I do what I do, then throw the skeleton bones in the closet and hope to never open that door again.


For My Savvy Sisters: Do you have something you need to confess and let go of? Submit your confession to confessions@mysavvysisters.com and we'll post your confession anonymously. Don't worry, we don't judge and we will never tell.

1 comments:

I could have wrote this myself! I completely understand what the writer is saying and sometimes cheating quietly makes you feel better about yourself.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...