Saturday, March 19, 2011

REBUILD: What Made Me Do This?

Hi!

I'm Te-Erika and I am the publisher of My Savvy Sisters. I am 31 years old and I live in Hollywood, Florida. I have a background in journalism and communications and I absolutely love philosophy. I am a fanatic when it comes to personal development and eastern philosophy. I am a student of success, which means that I am always on the lookout to read about and learn from people who have accomplished their dreams.

My Savvy Sisters is my baby. I love writing, editing and coaching other writers. My creative ideas are endless. I never run out of things to share and I hope you've enjoyed our offerings so far. I truly enjoy the countless hours that I put into working on this site.

The Rebuild Your Life project came to me as an idea one morning. I believe it was my intuition that told me, "You are going to face your fear of being homeless and it will help women overcome theirs." My intuition is my tool for life. It is my direct guidance. It sounds like ME except it is never fearful or shaky. When I hear my intuition is sounds so clear and I feel peace.

Today I'm not feeling peace though. I'm scared. I have been homeless before so I'm not afraid of that part. I am afraid that I'll be misunderstood when it comes to my mission.

Allow me to clarify. I am doing the Rebuild Your Life project to show women how to move past their fear of failure. I have started over many times in life. If you think about it, you have too. When I went away to college, all I had was a suitcase and $80. When I moved back to Miami I had a couple of suitcases, 2 kids and no money at all.

I have had to rebuild countless times. I'm not even going to mention the time I packed up my car and drove to Houston, Texas with no place to live, no money, no job and I didn't have a single friend in the city. All of those faith moves I made gave me exactly the result I was looking for. I found jobs that helped me to fine tune my desires for my career and I transformed into this woman who has a tremendous faith in herself, even though it seems no one else does.

I've fumbled. I've fallen. I've broken down doors and I've burned bridges that I can never cross again. I've made so many mistakes that I now know what NOT to do in many situations. I know what it's like to have to make a choice to go for what you want or stay where you are and be miserable. For me, it's no choice; I HAVE to go for what I want out of life. I don't believe life is about misery. I believe in myself. I believe in my abilities. I am DAMN good at what I do- and I do a LOT.

All I needed was an opportunity to show what I can do in an environment where I felt safe and supported. None came so I had to create an opportunity for myself.

With this project, I am going to live on the streets as a homeless person and shoot videos and write articles on this website so that women can follow me as I go after my dream of becoming an inspirational speaker, author and website publisher. I am doing this for my dream of independence. If I can raise awareness about this website, it's resources and my message of empowerment, I may be able to continue to live in my dream.

I am living in my dream today. I wake up and work on my business, this website, every day all day. This brings me the type of joy that is unmatchable. It's better than an orgasm! It's better than maine lobster tails. It feels like meditation and the kisses of raindrops on a hot day.

After my intuition gave me that direction about going homeless, I thought about it and it made sense. So many women have dreams that they feel they CAN do, but the fear of failure and losing everything paralyzes them and they remain stagnant where they are.

What could you accomplish if you knew you could not fail?

What would you attempt to do if you knew that no matter what happened, everything would be alright?

I want to show you. I believe in myself. I believe in you too.

Check back in with me on this website as I prepare to make my big move. I'll be writing about it and sharing videos too.

All my best!

Te-Erika

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...