Friday, May 6, 2011

REBUILD: Dusting Myself Off

My heart is hurting so much right now.

I'm 3 days away from my job fair and now I decided to cancel it after realizing: YOU CAN NOT QUIT YOU DIDN'T REACH YOUR GOAL.

I wrestled with this idea for a half hour. I called my sister and we went over the ramifications and the truth is, if I don't finish what I started I will be a liar.

I have to set another date for the job fair and I have to start all over again. I have two interested businesses and I have to set the time to find more. This month was a slow start with me adjusting mentally and physically to this new beginning and lifestyle.

I can't even BEGIN to look for employment for myself until this job fair is a success.

I'm feeling like a failure a little bit but I'm trying to give myself some room to grow and make mistakes.

All kinds of things went wrong during this first month:

The post office never set up my PO Box so all the mail I SHOULD have received all month was sent back to the sender. When I gave the job fair venue my date and time I asked them to let me know if anything needed to be changed and they didn't so I began marketing this event and at the last minute I had to change the time which made my two businesses have to back out due to the time change. My first donor said she mailed me a check and I never got it which held me up from securing the venue. I began vending (asking for donations for the Homeless Voice newspaper) on the streets which wore me out physically and mentally as I transformed from website publisher to a street walker asking for donations.



My goodness! I am doing so much at once. Adjusting to a new lifestyle and trying to do something that no one can lead me through doing and I don't have much strength to be emotionless. I cry every single day.

I feel like crying right now.

I don't know what I'm doing and how long this will take and I miss my sons and I don't even know if this is something that will be good for anyone.

I am feeling the pain of not seeing my sons for a month.

I was all happy go lucky yesterday and now look.

I'll write more later when my spirits are up.

Everything is a good thing. I'm trying to remind myself.

2 comments:

Hi Te-Erika,
I am following your progress daily. Thanks for posting updates.I admire your courage and compassion for others. I want you to realize your dream and rebuild your life.

I think you should restate your goal. Instead of trying to get 30 businesses together for an exclusive job fair for the Homeless Voice Homeless shelter, work on redefining your TRUE goals. Please answer these questions:
How many people at the shelter want to work full-time? How many want to work part-time? How many want to pass on getting a job other than the work they do for the shelter? How many total jobs do you need to fill? Don't worry about bringing the job fair to the shelter, bring the unemployed that want jobs to existing opportunities and job fairs in the area. Here are a couple I found for you:
AvMed Career Fair Healthcare - May 9, 2011
CAREER FAIR - Hollywood, FL - May 17th - Dollar General

Within your May 3rd Post: Rebuild: Most Homeless People Want to Be Homeless, you wrote,"If they desperately wanted to join the rat race for shelter, they would." I agree with you.

No wonder you aren't happy in a confined office environment, you're an artist! You need an artist's job. Good Luck you need a break!

Hi Sherry!

Thank you so much for your insight! Maybe I wasn't clear in my intentions. My job fair isn't for the Homeless Voice homeless shelter, it's for any woman in miami-dade or broward county. I'm living at the shelter for now because they told me I couldn't live at the park.

As I write this, I am re organizing my projects and redeveloping some of my aims. I will post this new direction as soon as I am done. If you know of anyone who would be interested in hearing me speak about my project or donating, please do email me at RebuildYourLife@mysavvysisters.com

Thanks again Sherry!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...