Sunday, June 19, 2011

REBUILD: Mama's Got A New Bag

I got tired of listening to the people here at the shelter complain about everything so I decided to take matter into my own hands. From the people who are around me consistently, I made them listen to me speak about thoughts becoming things and I asked each of them to speak out loud something that they wanted to happen.

The first lady said, "I want to get into school and get started with my education."

When I moved to the next guy and asked, "What would you like to happen?" He paused for a couple of seconds in thought and then the door opened. His eyes grew wide as a blonde haired young lady walked in to see him. Before she could say a word he looked at me and said, "That was it."

I laughed.

After she left he turned to me and said, "You're almost making me a believer."

I laughed.

I took my turn and said, "I'd like a really good laugh. I'd like to smile really BIG and I'd like my phone to ring with some good news."

Today I had a great day at work, ended my training and then smiled all the way back to the shelter. When I got back, I was talking to the women upstairs and one of them said, "Tee, when I was out vending (the newspaper) the other day, someone came by with a big bag of donations, clothes and things. I got this bag and it was pretty dirty but I cleaned it up."

She reached onto a shelf and pulled out a black Guess bag and handed it to me to inspect. My heart leapt. "Ooh!" I said. "I like it! But I don't have any money to buy it from you," I said.

"It's okay, Tee. When I saw it I said, 'I bet Tee would like this. I saved it for you!"



I couldn't stop SMILING!

Now I have a bag for my laptop and a smaller bag that I can use as a purse and I don't have to carry around that big bag anymore!

I am so happy to have a small bag for my personal stuff! So happy! So happy!

I know it's just someone's used bag, but it means a lot to me. I don't have much and this purse is a big deal.

I am sooo happy!

Then after I got the bag, the first lady I spoke with came to me and said, "Hey! My wish came true!"

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well, not the one from last night but the other day I was just saying to myself that I wished I had some KFC and today while I was working in the kitchen a man came by and said he had 20 buckets of KFC that he wanted to donate."

"Dayum!" I said. "That's crazy because just this morning I was wishing for some KFC too! I think we should make wishes everyday!

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...